Urban City Wedding Photos in Cape Town
With all the incredible beach and wine farm wedding venues we have on offer in Cape Town, South Africa, it is not often that wedding photographers get the opportunity to use city architecture, city streets, coffee shops and public benches in their photographs.
They then moved on to their wedding reception which was held at the home of the Official Residence of the Premier of the Western Cape Government, Helen Zille.
Amy and Michael made the most stunning bride and groom.
What to expect when having your wedding photos done in a city environment: Urban / City Wedding Photos 101
- You will attract attention and there will be spectators – embrace it and enjoy the attention.
- Time with your wedding photographer should be an experience. It should be fun. Take the time away from your guests as newly weds and enjoy the ride. Stop and have a drink in a local bar, sip on a coffee in one of Cape Town’s quirky coffee shops. Walk through historical buildings and meander through urban streets. Enjoy the experience while your photographer makes art of the memories you are making as your first moments as Mr and Mrs.
- Have an Uber join you for the ride so you don’t have to find parking or walk far in your wedding shoes (see point 5 below for foot comfort tip). Alternatively hire a vintage car / Pink Cadillac / alternative transport to take you around Cape Town City Centre. Have a look at this article on wedding transport for more ideas.
- The city environment works well in rain and heat. If it buckets down in winter incorporate umbrellas and winter gum boots into your photoshoot and use arch ways and entrances to buildings while you find shelter.
- Crime is a consideration. Cape Town City Centre is very safe and monitored by CCTV cameras but if you choose a spot that is off the beaten track you should make sure you have a best man with you to watch the photographer’s gear and your belongings while you are shooting.
- Take slip slops with you so you can walk comfortably. You can always slip your wedding shoes back on for the when the best wedding photos are taken.
- Allocate time for your photo-shoot. So often I have so many beautiful spots to work with but time does not allow me to use them all. If you are rushing to get back to your guests your photographer will have his creativity pressured.